Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sundays


By now I've had my Saturday, my day of miscellaneous wanderings and half-hearted attempts at completing household tasks. I always have high hopes for Saturday - what I'll get done, who I'll see, where I'll go - but more often than not, I end up simply enjoying the fact that I don't have to go anywhere or do anything particular, most of the time.

After five straight days of being away from home 10 hours each, my Saturday is a reconnecting day. I reconnect with my home, familiarize myself with the kitchen, and enjoy the sanctuary of my bedroom. Messy, yes, but stressful, no. I love my home, and I love being here. I miss it and my family during the week when I'm gone. I would love to be here more often, but for now, I can accept the necessity for the transition to "home time" from "work time".

And here I am at Sunday. The morning normally consists of sleeping in a little, reading the newspaper in bed, getting some breakfast and tea, then getting online to read interesting sites for awhile. I tell myself that Sunday will be my productive day, but here I am again, at almost noon, and I've yet to check a task off my list. But I'm working on it. And I HAVE sorted out some clothes to donate to a clothing drive at work for the homeless in Toledo. Who knew I had twelve pairs of jeans? I certainly don't need that many, as I only wear three of them regularly, and I found some sweaters to get rid of, as well. I have also read quite a bit of Inc. magazine, which is a treat for my brain and an idea-booster, as well.

I think I'd like three-day weekends quite a bit. I could get the reconnecting day out of the way, then have a day for getting work done, and a day for having fun and seeing people.

Or maybe I could just not spend so much time away for work! That is my ideal solution. One day my goal will be achieved! But for now, I have come to an understanding of my weekend needs.

May your weekends be full of achievements, rest, relaxation, and fun, also!

No comments: